Not testing. Everything needs to be tested, either A/B or MVT, so that you can arrive at the best answer quickly. The technology is there, thus ending the incessant rhetoric.
Not optimizing. Just as everything needs to be tested, everything needs to be optimized. Every single thing: landing page, emails, written pieces, video, slides…everything. If it’s for public consumption, then it needs to be optimized.
Not learning the soft stuff. Ranging from your competition to your vertical to your profession. It’s an absolute must to constantly be atop your part of the universe: not only is ignorance not bliss, it kills. Hey: read the Marketing Technology Alert every day (subscribe to receive the daily edition via email).
Not learning the hard core stuff. The nitty-friggin-gritty. Dive head first into a marketing automation platform. Build out a SFDC instance. Get neck deep in integration. Really (really) understand analytics. You can’t effectively communicate with peers, supervise staff or manage partners if you don’t have the background. Walk the walk, and don’t look or sound like a horse’s ass.
Not expressing. Blog, tweet, post. Just write. And not asinine dreck, e.g., I’m sick of my boss BS. Substantive stuff that is justifiable and of interest to others in your industry. You’ve got insight: get it out there.
Have a comment? Email it to email@example.com or comment below. I’ll publish it here.
Today’s curated articles collected for your quick review:
– > New marketing automation rankings: Enterprise usability still sucks – VentureBeat http://sco.lt/8m7e0v
– > Digital marketing is now reappropriating the sales budget – Chief Marketing Technologist http://sco.lt/6B2HhJ
– > Customer Experience Matrix: Matching Marketing Technology to Business Strategy: A Starting Framework http://sco.lt/4svHHd
– > Using Neuroscience to Design a Better Blog – KISSmetrics http://sco.lt/72Bfnt
– > Very, Very Best Social Plugins for WordPress – ‘Net Features – Website Magazine http://sco.lt/8rIH2X
– > 7 Dead Simple Ways To Make Your Own GIFs – Fast Company http://sco.lt/87kToH
– > Brands Can Now Turn Google+ Posts Into Interactive Display Ads – Marketing Land http://sco.lt/93nRuT
– > Marketing Research Chart: How are marketing departments allocating budgets? – Sherpa http://sco.lt/8JoQq1
– > Marketers Embrace, But Still Struggle With, Content Marketing – Demand Gen Report http://sco.lt/9BX1Cj
– > Infographic: Everything you need to know about Facebook’s new image dimensions – The Hub http://sco.lt/6NAuYb
– > Infographic: Search versus Social Advertising – The Drum http://sco.lt/8qFjsH
See ALL Top Curated Marketing Technology Articles here.
► Receive a FREE daily summary of The Marketing Technology Alert directly to your inbox. To subscribe, please go to http://ineomarketing.com/About_The_MAR_Sub.html (your privacy is protected).