The best marketers use both sides of their brain in building brands and possess these skills.
So, what skills are important for a top marketer? A highly skilled marketer should possess each of these skill sets:
- Psychology – understanding human motivations in a deep way, knowing what makes people “tick”
- Selling – intuitively knowing what words, phrases and approaches connect with customers and cause them to want to buy what you are selling
- Communication – outstanding and persuasive written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills – good listening skills, personal charisma, being likable, connecting with others easily
- Analytical skills – understanding budgets, financial statements, marketing research design, data analysis and statistics
- Broad cultural knowledge – knowing what your customers are exposed to and what is informing their fears and desires
- Broad exposure and experience across multiple disciplines – to stimulate creative connections between seemingly unrelated things
This couldn’t be more true.
- See the article at www.brandingstrategyinsider.com
- Receive a daily summary of The Marketing Automation Alert directly to your inbox. Subscribe here (your privacy is protected).
- If you like this scoop, PLEASE share by using the links below.
- iNeoMarketing merges marketing automation with content marketing for a powerful lead management solution, configured and managed by our knowledgeable, experienced staff. Contact us.