What is The Marketing Technology Alert?
The Marketing Technology Alert, created each weekday, summarizes the 12-20 best marketing automation-related articles, presentations, videos, infographics, etc., published by analysts, bloggers, journalists and other marketing experts. We go through 500-600 articles each day…so that you don’t have to!
Go here to review The Marketing Technology Alert!
- Your Must-Read MarTech Digest™, for Tuesday 5/10/16 #MarTech #DigitalMarketing
- 4 tips to help switch marketing automation systems – CIO
- Gartner for Marketing Leaders: Gartner’s 2015-2016 CMO Spend Survey
- How Inbox Providers Identify Bad Senders – Litmus
- 7 Conversion Rate Optimization Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making – CrazyEgg
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
Monthly Archives: December 2015
It’s that time to take a break. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
If anything pops up that is urgent, we’ll post it.
Today’s digests of curated articles summarized for your quick review:
- [FREE] 2015 Survey OF B2B Marketers – 6Sense
- Report: 70% of B2B marketers responsible for generating revenues – B2B News Network
- Email personalization is the antidote to declining click rates – VentureBeat
- Marketers’ perceptions about personalization don’t match reality: Study – MarketingDive
- New Study Uncovers Dissonance In CMO/CTO Relationship – CMO.com
- What Most Marketers Are Missing in Their Drip Emails – Customer.io
- Study finds marketers are prioritizing personalization… but are further behind than they realize – VentureBeat
- Most Effective – and Challenging – Lead Nurturing Tactics – MarketingCharts
- 7 Handy Marketing Automation Features to Start Using Today – Pardot
- Inbound Revenue Calculator | Artillery Tools & Resources
- B2B Lead Provider True Influence Opens Up Its Internal Service – Marketing Land
- Wishpond: Making Waves in Lead Generation and Automation | Marketing Technology
- Salesforce, Box partnership shaking up the B2B storage space – B2B News Network
- 2014 Buyer’s Guide to Marketing Automation – TrustRadius
- New TrustRadius marketing automation report uses updated scoring algorithm – VentureBeat
- The Anatomy of a Highly Shareable List Post [Infographic] – HubSpot
- An Introduction to Google Algorithm Updates – Smart Insights
See ALL Top Curated Marketing Technology Summaries here.
A majority of B2B marketers are now responsible for driving revenues, but marketing-generated leads account for most sales rejections, says a new study by 6sense, a predictive intelligence firm for B2B marketing and sales.
The reported, entitled “2015 Survey of B2B Marketers“, looked at 321 B2B marketing professionals in the U.S. with director-level or higher titles. Report authors discovered that more than two-thirds (70 percent) of B2B marketers are now measured based on the amount of revenues they generate using their marketing and lead generation programs.
The study results found that 60 percent of the survey participants are measured on quality and 70 percent are measured on quantity. This doesn’t bode well for marketing professionals since sales teams reject 80 percent of their leads.
What are some of the biggest challenges facing B2B marketers in terms of lead generators? They named lack of resources (61 percent), lack of high-quality data (42 percent) and lack of target audience insight (38 percent).
All three of those challenges are surmountable. Having said that, the name of the game is ATTRIBUTION.
The increase in relevance gained from email personalization reduces the rate of unsubscribes. Why is that important?
AgilOne found that unsubscribes result in an average loss of 60 percent of future lifetime value (LTV). A high unsubscribe rate also affects your sender reputation score, which affects your overall email deliverability, so lowering the number of unsubscribes is a critical metric.
In a survey of 257 email marketers, a large majority reported an increase in open rates and click-through rates (CTR) by employing email personalization of some kind. And those tactics included the most basic types of personalization.
Yet another benefit from personalization.
More from the SAP Hypris study.
CMOs and CTOs are on different pages about their companies’ digital marketing goals, according to Leapfrog Marketing Institute’s “2015 CMO Digital Benchmark Study.”
According to the study, 20% of marketing executives said they believe working on data- or technology-driven programs has improved the CMO-CTO alignment, while only 4% of IT executives agree. The study also revealed that IT executives (40%) are more confident in their companies’ omnichannel consumer experience than are senior marketers (27%).
However, 63% of marketing and IT executives do agree on this: Metrics and goals are not aligned across the functions—likely the root issue of their challenge.
No shocker, although there is improvement.