“Follow these steps to get started:
- Setup your mobile web analytics software of choice.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to better understand the wants, anxieties, points of friction and motivations of mobile users.
- Prioritize the messaging, calls to action and chrome on your website.
- Systematically reduce (or layer) the messaging, calls to action and chrome to suit your mobile audience.
- Evaluate your mobile site from a UX perspective and design a custom mobile conversion funnel.
- Begin running tests to improve your mobile conversion funnel.”
Far more detail when you click-through. Responsive really isn’t optimized for mobile UX.