#1. The marketing technologist has “crossed the chasm.”
#2. Martech is eating adtech — and the big gulp is still ahead.
#3. Best-of-breed marketing technology stacks are thriving.
- Mythbusters: 10 Myths MarTech Vendors Tell by Theresa Regli of Real Story Group
- Best of Breed: The DNA of Unicorns by Isaac Wyatt of New Relic
- Building Your Ultimate MarTech Stack by Travis Wright of CCP Global
- One Profile to Serve Them All by Troy Steen of Dell
#4. Agile marketing is crossing the chasm too.
- A Herculean Story From Intuit’s Global Marketing Automation Rollout by Jaemi Bremner of Intuit and Pat Spenner of CEB Marketing
- Agile Marketing Measurement by Shubu Mitra of Coca-Cola and Jennifer Zeszut of Beckon
- Scaling Innovation by Christopher Penn of SHIFT Communications
- Agile Marketing: Your Key to Becoming a Modern Marketer by Brent Bird and Chris Savoie of Workfront
#5. Cognitive computing is coming to marketing frighteningly quick.
- Cognitive Marketing: The Rise of the Super Intelligent Marketer
- How Machine Intelligence Will Really Change Marketing — or — How to Market With Smart Machines Without Ensuring the Destruction of Mankind or Losing Your Job
Just remember as you review: there’s bleeding edge, there’s cutting edge, and then there’s everyone else.