“Consider the following five points as you build your measurement infrastructure for ABM:
- Take a tiered approach. Think about logical ways to organize measurement criteria. Using timing as a measurement construct is a good framework, as it helps you consider short-term, mid-term and long-term impact across the organization.
- Look for new areas of contributions. ABM provides marketers the ability to contribute in new and valuable ways, not just traditional demand creation impact.
- Consider the audience. Structure measurement around the needs of sales, marketing and executive audiences and customize accordingly.
- Create clear dashboards. Measurement is a start, but using clear, regularly updated visual displays is one of the best ways to ensure your company is seeing the impact of your ABM efforts.
- Don’t rely exclusively on reports. Find ways to personally communicate ABM success. “
Strongly recommend you CT for details.